National Vitiligo Awareness Month June Campaign
Featured Governor Issued State Proclamations:
Vitiligo Awareness Month
Our hope is what began in Georgia and the proclamation from Governor Deal and the other state Governors in the USA that we will be able to get the attention that Vitiligo deserves to make it a public health priority. The vitiligo community deserves an official day so that it can bring value and awareness to our condition. We want to thank President Obama for acknowledging our efforts for bringing awareness to vitiligo.
National Vitiligo Awareness Month takes place yearly in June with the goal of highlighting the growing need for education, early detection and awareness to the public about Vitiligo and its prevalence within the community. The campaign also unites Vitiligo patients, families, physicians, clinicians, institutions and related businesses in collaborative partnerships of local activities, events and grassroots networking throughout the month of June.
National Vitiligo Awareness Month Campaign Objectives:
- To have every state to officially declare by proclamation their observance of National Vitiligo Awareness Month during the month of June.
- Increase public awareness of Vitiligo and related conditions through educational and advocacy campaigns of local activities, and community events during the month of June and throughout year
- Unite Vitiligo patients, families, physicians, support groups and clinicians in a collaborative partnership that educate, and advocate, for patient care, patient screening, patient privacy, and patient protection
- Build networks of community collaborations and alliances to help sustain and grow the campaign
- To increase funding for advocacy and research for vitiligo.
- To increase funding for vitiligo prevention campaigns and mental health treatment.
- To change the perspective of insurance companies.
Help Support the National Vitiligo Awareness Month Campaign
In preparing to publicize June as National Vitiligo Awareness Month, Vitiligo Bond has sent requests to US governors with the help of our local volunteers asking them to proclaim June as National Vitiligo Awareness Month. Vitiligo Bond would like to invite all Vitiligo patients, family members and advocates to support Vitiligo Bond’s request for proclamations by sending in their own letters of support. Let your voice be heard in your state and take action to support those with Vitiligo.
You can share this link on your social media page. Thank you for helping to support the National Vitiligo Awareness Month Campaign!
If you will like for Vitiligo Bond to help you bring awareness to your state send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
See the US states that have proclaimed June as National Vitiligo Awareness Month.
- Vitiligo Congressional Record
- Recognition letter from President Barack Obama for vitiligo awareness efforts