OUR MISSION & VISION
Vitiligo Bond Inc. (VBI) seeks to empower vitiligans worldwide through access to a private support group, raise public awareness and empathy about the skin disorder, and increase funding for research into the causes, prevention, and treatment of vitiligo.
VBI seeks to create a community where those living with vitiligo (non-contagious skin disorder that leaves white patches of skin) feel empowered. With the help of community wellness programs, many living with vitiligo are able to cross physical and social barriers. In addition, vitiligans can access fulfilling and healthy lifestyles through recreation, cultural activities, nutrition, health screenings, stress relaxation classes and self-esteem building exercises. These programs are available to adults and children in person and through social media. VBI not only empowers its members with a strong online community, but also gives them huge discounts (on makeup and body moisturizers) and other benefits.
VBI also aims to raise community awareness about the skin condition and minimize the stigma often associated with it by educating the public. Many people have little knowledge about vitiligo, which can lead to the fear of contagion. Reducing social stigma will ensure that those living with vitiligo and suffering from embarrassment are able to lead normal lives.
VBI is committed to raising the funds necessary to support each of these objectives:
- To empower our support group members to benefit from the strength of a larger community.
- To foster our support group members growth, confidence, and self-esteem.
- To raise public awareness about vitiligo and its effects on individuals, families and society.
- To fund global biomedical research into the causes, prevention, treatments and a cure for vitiligo.
- To bring hope to all who deal with the hardships of this disorder.